|Downloads: 71367||Submitted: Jul 20 2010|
Updated: Jan 8 2013
Oxygen style and decoration with support for transparency (see screenshots).
This is an official branch of the KDE oxygen style. It is kept in sync with the official oxygen style, and adds support of full transparency on the windows.
The style and the decoration are named "Oxygen Transparent" and appear as such in KDE's system settings (in both the applications and workspace appearance pages).
A configuration helper application is included with the style that allows one to configure both the style and the decoration in the same window. It is called oxygen-transparent-settings.
The provided script, named oxygen-setup.pl is used to:
- get the sources (from git)
- configure them
- compile and install the window decoration and widget style.
1/ The style (and decoration) should work for recent enough versions of KDE4.
Different versions (branches) must be used depending on your KDE version:
- the KDE/4.8 version works with KDE/4.8 (tested), and possibly some earlier verions (not tested)
- the KDE/4.9 version works with KDE/4.9 (tested)
- the master version works with latest KDE, compiled from git. It may not work with any earlier KDE release.
New versions will be added (KDE/4.10, etc.) when the corresponding KDE4 version is out.
One can switch between branches by running the script and specifying the relevant branch:
oxygen-setup.pl --branch KDE/4.8
oxygen-setup.pl --branch KDE/4.9
oxygen-setup.pl --branch master
By default (when no branch is specified), the master branch is used.
There is a number of additional options available for the setup script. To get a list of them, type:
2/ Since March 4th 2011, oxygen-transparent has moved to git.
The project home page is:
You can get the sources directly using:
git clone git://anongit.kde.org/oxygen-transparent
3/ KDE development packages are needed for the compilation to succeed (see below)
Feedback highly appreciated either here on on IRC, #oxygen. (ping hpereira, or hugo)
There are automatic builds linked in the download section which have been provided by others (thanks !).
Only the first download (the script) is maintained by me, it always provide the latest svn version of the code.
Needed packages for installation/compilation
(thanks to MezzeForte for providing the list):
- Depending on the distribution you have the name of the packages might change a bit
- there are usually more packages needed by the packages above and installed via dependency.
sudo apt-get install build-essential cmake kdelibs5-dev kdebase-workspace-dev libxrender-dev libx11-dev git
should work on recent enough Ubuntu (thanks to Antelmo for posting. See page5).
Even though oxygen-transparent is not officially part of KDE you can report bugs to https://bugs.kde.org.
You would need to select Oxygen as a product, and Style as a component.
Make sure that "Oxygen-Transparent" appears in the bug title so that it does not get confused with official oxygen bugs.
Posting bug reports at bugs.kde.org is highly recommended rather than posting comments on this page, as it makes my life much easier at bookkeeping.
- synchronized with latest oxygen
- created KDE/4.10 branch
- Warning: if you are using the "master" branch (which targets KDE/4.11), you will have conflicts with oxygen (@KDE) configuration, unless you are also using kde from git repositories
This is due to backward incompatible changes in the configuration code.
- attempt at fixing bug concerning window positionning on screen for multi-screen setup
- changes in version policy. New available branches are KDE/4.8, KDE/4.9, and master. KDE/4.10 branch will be added as soon as the corresponding KDE4 version is released. The "stable" branch has been removed.
- synchronized with oxygen (KDE/4.9)
- fixed crash at exit for virtually all KDE applications
- synchronized with oxygen
- use icon from icon theme for tab-close button
- updated install script to deal with master and stable branch
- synchronized with oxygen
- fixed compilation issues with too old versions of KDE